Monday, January 30, 2012

2012 Sag Awards

I was lucky enough to attend the Sag Awards when I lived in LA, and everything they say about this being the most fun award show of the season is true.  The actors all seem to be having a great time together catching up and seeing old friends.  It truly felt like a reunion more than a work event as much of the season does.

Last night's festivities did not disappoint.  From Tina Fey chugging Steve Buscemi's wine after the ladies from Bridesmaids turned the evening into a drinking game to Betty White's {slightly undeserved} acceptance speech, it was all a good time.  And there were some very touching moments too; the cast of "The Help" won a VERY well-deserved ensemble cast award, and its leading ladies, Viola Davis and Octavia spencer were rightfully honored as well.  I hope they are both busy prepping their Oscar acceptance speeches!

Of course, as always, the fashion was worth admiring.  There were so many good looks this year it was hard to pick my favorites!  {I'm focusing on the ladies today and only showing the looks I liked.  While there were a few ensembles that left something to be desired, I've always been a bit opposed to "Worst Dressed" lists.  Who hasn't had a bad day?}

What did you think of the Sag Awards fashion?

Ariel Winter in Collette Dinnigan

Emily Blunt in Oscar de la Renta

Emma Stone in Alexander McQueen {My absolute favorite of the evening}

Julie Bowen in Alice Temperley {I LOVED the back of this dress!}

Kyra Sedgwick in Emilio Pucci

Michelle Williams in Valentino

Octavia Spencer in Tadashi Soji

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment