Saturday, January 5, 2013

My 2013 Inspiration

Over the last few years, I have fallen into a rut.
Not necessarily a bad one, but a rut nonetheless. 
I've lived in the same place, I haven't been taking advantage of the excitement around me, and while I love my job, I don't really know what's next.

So I decided at the end of last year that 2013 would be different.
I want to get back to living & loving life and having stories and pictures to show {or not show!} 
of the fun things that I do this year.

As I thought about my plan, I knew I would need a daily reminder to live this way and keep pushing myself to seek out these opportunities.  Almost a daily affirmation of the path that I am pursuing.  
But I didn't want to default to a daily calendar reminder to which I would press "ignore" everyday.
That seemed to defeat the purpose! I don't want to "ignore" this!

In my Christmas shopping I ran across what I knew would be the perfect representation.
A bracelet, made by Kate Spade:


Kate Spade

On the inside it says:
This is the year to . . .

And engraved around the outside is:
be a firecracker
take a road trip
dance till dawn
wear red
master the bow tie
embrace color

These are perfect examples of what I want my 2013 to be in every aspect of my life.

I put it on at midnight on January 1st and will wear it through the year.
Here's to a very happy and eventful 2013!

Until tomorrow . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment