Sunday, January 13, 2013

2013 Golden Globes

As always, tonight's Golden Globes from the Beverly Hilton in Los Angeles were a great show.

And as promised, hosts Tina Fey and Amy Poehler left me laughing with some great zingers:
{Though they weren't on stage nearly enough.}

Poehler:
I haven't really been following the controversy over Zero Dark Thirty, but "when it comes to torture, I trust the lady who spent three years married to James Cameron."

Fey:
"You know what Taylor Swift, you stay away from Michael J. Fox’s son."

But like every year, the night was full of hits and misses.
My thoughts:

Best Dressed

Zooey Deschanel
{Oscar de la Renta}


Jennifer Garner
{Vivienne Westwood}



Hayden Panettiere
{Roberto Cavalli}


Leonardo DiCaprio



Not My Favorites:
{I hate to say "worst"}

Jennifer Lopez - and all the ladies that wore lace that was strategically placed



Kristen Wiig
{You can afford more material - especially where you get a mark across your midsection from sitting}




Best Speech/Reaction

Adele
{Best Original Song - Skyfall}


Ben Affleck
{Best Director - Argo}



Best Moment

{Julianna Margulies & George Clooney}


"I'm Over It" TV Commercials

Target: The Everyday Collection
I love what Target has done the last few years to align themselves with high fashion and cutting edge designers.  
But these commercials are too much.  Boxed cake mix and eggs are not high fashion.


Cadillac
Okay Cadillac, I get it.  I liked it the first time but your car can do amazing things.


What did you all think?

Until tomorrow . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment