Monday, January 7, 2013

My Book Solution

I love to read.

And for the last couple years I've been looking for an easy way to keep track of the books I've read and those I would like to read.  I often start making lists on paper and my phone, but quickly find that I had 4 lists going and can't find the 5th which I KNOW I started somewhere.
It isn't a very efficient system.

Cut to a few weeks ago when I ran across a site called "Goodreads."
I'm a little late to the party on this one since the site started in 2007 but, better late than never, because this was exactly what I was looking for.


Goodreads.com is essentially a social network all about books. 
You can rate things you have read and keep track of the titles that you want to read.

When you first sign up, you are taken through a process to identify genres you like and to rate the books you have already read.  From this, Goodreads will give you recommendations of other books that may be of interest to you.

The site also allows you to connect with people in your wider network so you can get recommendations and reviews from the people you know and trust.

I couldn't believe that I didn't know about this!
And I already have quite a few things on "my shelf" ready to tackle in the coming year.
I love that I am able to explore new books and come across things that I would have never thought to read.
There is also an app for Apple and Android users so you can add things on the go.

Goodreads

What do you think?  Will you check out Goodreads?
Follow them on Twitter {@goodreads} & Facebook to keep up on their latest news.

Until Tomorrow . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment