Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy New Year! It's Resolution Time


Happy 2013!

As the calendar turns to the year 2013, like everyone else I'm taking stock and picking out
those things I want to change or make better in the new year.

While I don't usually make too many resolutions because I tend to forget about them by min-January, there are a few things I do want to focus on this year.

1. Drink More Water
It's one of the most important things we can do for our bodies, but unfortunately 
one of the things that often I forget to do.
I find myself caught up in meetings and suddenly look up to see that it is 
5pm and I've had half a glass all day.   

2. Take Better Care of ME
This one encompasses the standards: Go To the Gym and Eat Healthy.  
But I also want to make a point do the things that make me happy, rather than just plopping down on the couch at the end of the day.
Go out with friends more, get a massage every once in a while, have my nails done more frequently & ultimately focus on getting to a place where I can be happy more often.

3. Indulge My Creative Side
While I do work in Marketing, it turns out that my day to day responsibilities lean toward the analytical side of things.  So this year, I am going to get back to doing those creative things that I like.  Writing, cross-stitching and learning to knit are just a few.  I find that these activities give my brain a rest but also fill me with a sense of accomplishment.

4. Organize
This is one I see on so many resolution lists, but I also need to organize my life.  In fact, this may be the key to prioritizing and accomplishing all of the other resolutions.
It will also mean I have a clean closet - something I have needed for a loooong time!

5. Read
I separated this from my resolution to be creative, because I want to make a concerted effort to read more.  I picked up the pace at the end of the year but I am going to keep the momentum going.  There is nothing better than getting lost in a good book.

Here's to a great 2013!


No comments:

Post a Comment