Tuesday, December 13, 2011

December Photo Project 12.13.11: Christmas Centerpieces

I recently had a dinner party and found myself without a centerpiece.  Originally I had planned to use some red Christmas ornaments in a glass vase, but they were too big and the nesting was a bit awkward.  Finding myself in a crunch, I looked around my apartment to see what I could quickly throw together to put in the middle of the table.


To start, I grabbed a shallow baking dish from the cabinet and set my two pillar candles and three Christmas votive candle holders inside.  Having already finished the candy portion of my decorating I then covered the bottom of the dish with M&Ms and Hershey Kisses.  I tend to keep this candy around all through the holidays and now I have a (semi) legit reason!


In the end I was happy with what I put together.  The grouping was much better than the ornaments and ended up being a very easy way to decorate the table.




The only draw back was that people were munching on candy throughout my meal and the chocolate did get a little "melty" from the heat of the candles.


That was my centerpiece, but here are some other holiday tablescapes I have found in various places.  How I would love to have a meal at any of these tables!


arcadian-home
Shutterstock
Mama-Knows
Designs for Living
Designs for Living
The Shopping Mama
Red Table
Until Tomorrow. . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment