Monday, December 12, 2011

December Photo Project 12.12.11: Store Windows

I have always love, love, loved going to the mall at Christmastime.  As long as it isn't so packed that I can't walk around, I could spend hours strolling around the stores looking at the holiday windows.  (And of course going into a few to see what they have inside.)  Today I went to the mall after I finished my work day and was in luck because there weren't too many people roaming around.  I quickly found a parking spot and had no problem wandering.

There were some really great windows but my favorite today were at Brooks Brothers.  This is probably because I have always loved the Brooks Brothers look - it is so tailored and professional.  Even when I lived in California, I gravitated toward this style when I considered my wardrobe choices for more formal occasions.  I was always the preppy one in my circle of friends at college, which made me a bit of a stand out at UC Berkeley, but I couldn't help it.  It probably all started because my dad always wore monogrammed Brooks Brothers shirts to work as I was growing up.  Their "Day After Christmas" sale was always circled on the the calendar and a real event in my family.  I guess it is still ingrained in me and this year, I thought the window designers did a very nice job and wish I cold spend a day in the scenes they have set up!


I just love the toggle coat on the right...



And the scarf in this window has given me inspiration to look for a similar one, I love the red and navy combo. . .



Until Tomorrow. . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment