Sunday, March 11, 2012

My Sunday Adventure

I have to admit, I get stir crazy pretty easily.  And with nothing on the docket today, I decided to take a little solo day trip out to Long Island.  There was no agenda and nowhere I really wanted to go, but I just drove Eastward.

I had a good book on tape to keep me occupied and before I knew it, I was out in the Hamptons.  Growing up about 20 minutes from the beach, I love being near the Ocean.  {I would say "water" but the Hudson River doesn't count.  And sorry New Jersey, thanks to MTV I can't stomach The Shore.}

My last trip out this way was in September when a couple of very good friends and I spent the weekend in the Sag Harbor area for The Mighty Hamptons triathlon.  This time though, I drove further east, out to Montauk Point State Park and the lighthouse.  I was two weeks early to take a tour, but was still able to get a great picture of the setting.


A view like this, along with the walk on the beach was completely worth the drive, and being off-season, the whole area was nice and peaceful.

All in all, a very nice start to the week.

Until tomorrow . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment