Sunday, February 5, 2012

Sunday Reading Review: The Forgotten Garden

While I'm not in a proper book club these days, I still really enjoy reading.  And with all of the public transportation here, it is very rare not to find me with a book in hand.

Recently, I read The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton and just couldn't put it down.  The story takes the reader through four generations of women across the seas from England to Australia and back.  This flowing narrative is told during three time periods, by many people, each trying to discover things about themselves and those around them.  It is a story of their lives, but the author has also woven a mystery throughout the novel that kept me wanting more.  There were definitely a few mornings at work when I realized that I probably stayed up a little too late the night before.

Kate Morton's Website

This was the second book I have read by Kate Morton and highly recommend her books.  The other, The House at Riverton, was another great story with twists and turns that kept me wanting more.

Have you read any of Kate Morton's books?  What did you think?

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment